10 Things You Didn’t Know About Hey Now! Media Designer: Catherine Fields
1. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.” —Steve Jobs
2. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
I hate grocery shopping, I just try to get what I need and go. But I do really like to clean!
3. What has been your proudest moment at Hey Now!?
It’s not really a moment, but just generally I was proud when I got to start designing logos and complete branding packages from scratch!
4. What are three things most people don’t know about you?
1. I have a big extended family! My mom has 5 sisters that all live in the Central Florida area.
2. I started out in college as a computer science major, but changed to graphic design immediately after that semester.
3. I’m really artistic and creative, but I’m also logical and I love math and puzzles!
5. Best thing about living/working in Cleveland?
I don’t live or work in Cleveland because I work remotely from Orlando, FL (Disney World yay!), but I would definitely love to visit sometime soon! I’m dying to go to Weapons of Mass Creation Fest in Cleveland!
6. What is one thing you can’t live without?
The one thing I would be lost without is my Macbook computer. It’s how I work!
7. If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be and why?
I would be ice cream, because I just like to “chill out” 🙂 Plus I have an ice cream addiction.
8. Do you have a nickname?
People have usually just called me Catherine, but some people like to call me Cat. I was known as Twiggy in high school, because I’m super tall and skinny.
9. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
This past summer I juggled my final semester of college (putting together a 200 page portfolio book with 9 full branding campaigns), 35 hours a week at an internship, and working on projects for Hey Now! Media. I didn’t sleep much, but I did it!
10. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you?
Zooey Deschanel because she’s so goofy! Plus, Elf is one of my favorite movies.