Hey Now! Media's design intern, Alexia Koerkenmeier joined the team in July of this year. Originally from, Illinois, Alexia has found a home away from home in Cleveland. She is a senior at Notre Dame College in South Euclid where she juggles being a full-time student, college volleyball player and part-time intern at Hey Now! Media.
Most recently, Alexia is taking on online marketing roles for Hey Now! and learning more about paid social. She plays a crucial role for the Hey Now! team and is a valued member of our staff.
Here's 9 Things You Didn't Know About Alexia
- What is one of your favorite quotes? “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” George Addair
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing? I hate cleaning the bathroom. It takes too long and it is always really nasty!
- What is one thing that most people don't know about you? Growing up, I was not allowed to be with my dad when he was working with the cattle on our farm. My voice was too high-pitched so it spooked them. This was bad news apparently!
- Best thing about/living working in Cleveland? I have learned of a lot of cool places to see in the city that I was not aware of before I started working for Hey Now!
- What is one thing you can't live without? I can’t live without Ski. It is a soda from the county I am from in Illinois. It is like Mountain Dew but on steroids. SO good!!
- If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be and why? If I were a food, I would be spaghetti. I’m tall and can be quite clumsy which would be like the noodles. Spaghetti can come with meat sauce and regular sauce. If the spaghetti has meat sauce, which is because I am an athlete so I am strong with a lot of muscle for a young lady. When it comes with the option of regular sauce, which is like me when I decide to dress nice and be a classy lady!
- Do you have a nickname? I have a few nicknames. My middle name is Patricia, so my best friend calls me Patty when I’m in a bad mood. My other nickname is from my dad and he calls me Ladybird. This came about from a hunting adventure.
- What's the hardest thing you've ever done? Up and moving from a small town to a city 500+ miles away to attend a school where I didn’t know anyone.
- If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you? Rachel McAdams; I tend to be dramatic and off the wall things happen in my life and let’s be real, nothing is more dramatic or random than a Nicholas Sparks movie!