So...you’ve decided to host a webinar, this is exciting! Keep in mind, preparing for and promoting your webinar before and after it is launched is just as important as the webinar itself. Need some help getting started? We’re here to be your guide.
Preparing for a Guest:
Once you’ve decided on the topic for your webinar, deciding if you’d like to include a guest is next. If you’ve decided this would be beneficial (which it usually is, two brains are better than one!) begin by making a list of all possible speakers you would like to have featured in your webinar. This list could include experts with a following that seem realistic to secure, as well as “dream speakers” who are the absolute best of the best in your industry. Your dream speakers list may seem unlikely to secure, but still include them. You never know how your company may grow in the future - this would be a great milestone accomplishment to record.
As soon as a speaker agrees to an interview, you want to begin scheduling them a time slot. The faster you get the ball rolling, the better. Putting this off can cause the interview to fall through due to busy schedules and procrastination. Once you’ve secured a time you want to supply the speaker with your prepared interview questions, this way they are able to practice their answers ahead of time. Your speaker may also enjoy the chance to suggest new questions or decide if they are uncomfortable answering a certain question.
Are you having trouble thinking of questions for your first webinar interview? We’ve compiled a short list to help you get started.
Interview Question Examples:
- What does your daily schedule look like?
- What (if anything) has changed in the last few months with XYZ?
- What do you feel is the biggest hurdle you faced at XYZ?
- What’s the most important (or interesting) thing that happened at XYZ?
- Do you know anybody who’s getting it right regarding XYZ?
- Does anyone stick out in your mind as being particularly impressive regarding XYZ?
- What’s the best investment you’ve ever made regarding XYZ?
- If you could start over, what would you change about XYZ?
- What’s the ONE tip you could give for XYZ?
- Remember to apply this to your specific niche, and topic. These are open-ended questions that should help you keep the conversation flowing.
If your interview is 30 minutes, remember to allocate 5 minutes to the introduction & outro, leaving you with 25 minutes of talk time.
Promoting Your Webinar
You want as many individuals as possible to tune into your webinar when it is streamed live. However, encouraging those who were unable to tune in to download the recorded version you’ve posted to your website is just as important. This is going to require you to heavily promote your webinar before and after its launch.Where to Promote and Examples:
- Landing Page
- Social Media - Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Paid Ads, Etc.
- And more!
We use webinars to build trust and give away as much value as possible, need our help beginning your webinar journey?
Hey Now! Media is offering a free 30 minute consultation for any business, organization or individual wanting to learn more about making the change to digital and virtual experiences.