By Emily Muskin
As I sit here pondering how to creatively tune into my creativity, my brain is beginning to pound, and not in a good way. Why is it so difficult to be creative at 4:21 PM on a Wednesday? Maybe I’m too excited about happy hour to think straight, or I’ve used up all of my creative juices for the day on meaningless tasks? Who knows…but I can tell you this, at the tender age of 28, even during the direst times of the day, I have figured out a few ways that I can inspire creativity in myself. I think it goes without saying, that everyone has a different style; therefore, these ideas may not work for you and they don’t always work for me either, but give them a try or work hard to find your own way to creatively tune into YOUR creativity.
- I am my most creative in the morning after a good night’s sleep and a strong, flavorful cup of hazelnut coffee.
- Working out inspires wonderful ideas that are not always practical or logical, but most always very interesting.
- Reading other people’s stories ignites the creativity within me to make my own story more engaging.
- The second I begin chopping vegetables for a salad or whipping up eggs for a frittata, my creative juices begin flowing.
- Planting myself outside (in the summer of course) in a beautiful setting with a camera inspires me.
- Most importantly, my body and brain thank me when I sleep well, take care of myself, and make sure to have “me” time to utilize all of my great ideas for inspiring creativity!